Alfa Romeo Giulietta, the safest compact car in the world according to Euro NCAP, is being launched with a new 140 HP Diesel 2.0JTDM-2 and the 170 HP 1.4 MultiAir turbo petrol with “Alfa TCT” twin clutch automatic transmission.
Two other versions of the Giulietta will be lined up on the stand at the Paris Show: a 105 HP Distinctive 1.6 JTDM and a Quadrifoglio Verde with a 235 HP 1750 TBi engine. The first engine is dedicated to all those in search of a car with character and a distinctive style, affording the typical agility and handling of an Alfa Romeo yet able to combine these qualities with limited running costs.
The 105 HP 1.6 JTDM is a flexible and eco-friendly diesel engine that will surprise customers due to its prompt response (in Dynamic mode, the max. torque is a generous 320 Nm at just 1750 rpm) combined with extremely low fuel consumption (in the extra-urban cycle, it is just 3.7 l/100 km). This is possible thanks to the combination of MultiJet 2 technology and the Start&Stop system.
Visitors to the stand can also admire a Giulietta equipped with Blue&Me-TomTom, the only fully integrated portable info-entertainment system that, in addition to map navigation, can be used by means of an up-to-date colour touch screen plus steering wheel and voice commands to manage the telephone, navigation and all information needed while driving, enhancing and exploiting Blue&Me features and ensuring maximum driving safety.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback