With a maximum output of 360 hp and up to 450 Newton metres of torque, the AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo engine is the most powerful series production four-cylinder engine in the world. The engine is linked to AMG Speedshift DCT 7-speed sports transmission which sends power to the road via AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive, enabling the A45 AMG accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.6 seconds, while its top speed stands at 155 mph (electronically limited).
Like every AMG high-performance automobile, the new A45 AMG also incorporates sophisticated axle technology. For enhanced driving dynamics, the three-link front suspension is provided with stiffer steering knuckles and totally new elastokinematics.
The A 45AMG comes as standard with twin-spoke 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, fitted with 235/40 R 18 tyres.
There is also an AMG speed-sensitive sports steering and AMG high-performance braking system.
The A45 AMG exterior is characterised by the AMG “twin blade” radiator grille and the cross strut in the AMG front apron, both painted in matt titanium grey, side sill panels with inserts in matt titanium grey. At the rear AMG rear apron with its highlighted air outlet openings at the sides features a diffusor insert and trim in matt titanium grey. Finally there are two square, chrome-plated tailpipes of the AMG sports exhaust system with exhaust flap.
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show