The redesigned Sorento has more than 80 percent new or significantly redesigned parts, including both visual and also technological enhancements such as UVO eServices, the next generation of voice activated telematics system, and Kia’s first-ever blind spot detection system.
The all-aluminum 3.3-liter GDI V6 produces 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft. of torque. It’s available optionally on the LX and EX, while residing as standard equipment in the LX V6, EX V6, SX and SX Limited.
Power is routed to either the front wheels or, optionally, to all four using an enhanced Torque On Demand all-wheel drive system.
There is also a 2.4-liter GDI four-cylinder engine with 191 hp, now as standard equipment in the LX and EX, replacing the previously-standard 2.4-liter MPI 4-cylinder.
Regardless of engine or driveline choice, the Sorento comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback