The redesigned Sorento has more than 80 percent new or significantly redesigned parts, including both visual and also technological enhancements such as UVO eServices, the next generation of voice activated telematics system, and Kia’s first-ever blind spot detection system.
The all-aluminum 3.3-liter GDI V6 produces 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft. of torque. It’s available optionally on the LX and EX, while residing as standard equipment in the LX V6, EX V6, SX and SX Limited.
Power is routed to either the front wheels or, optionally, to all four using an enhanced Torque On Demand all-wheel drive system.
There is also a 2.4-liter GDI four-cylinder engine with 191 hp, now as standard equipment in the LX and EX, replacing the previously-standard 2.4-liter MPI 4-cylinder.
Regardless of engine or driveline choice, the Sorento comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)