Chevrolet has released first details along with pictures and a video of the all-electric Spark, which will debut next week at the Los Angeles Auto Show. First cars will arrive in California dealer showrooms next summer.
Spark EV is powered by a permanent magnet motor that produces 130 hp and instantaneous torque of about 400 lb-ft. 0-60 mph acceleration takes less than eight seconds.
Spark EV’s industry-first SAE combo charger will allow DC Fast Charging of up to 80 percent of battery capacity in approximately 20 minutes. Chevrolet did not release the range, but the 20 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is expected to offer a range of up to 80 miles.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames