Chevrolet has released first details along with pictures and a video of the all-electric Spark, which will debut next week at the Los Angeles Auto Show. First cars will arrive in California dealer showrooms next summer.
Spark EV is powered by a permanent magnet motor that produces 130 hp and instantaneous torque of about 400 lb-ft. 0-60 mph acceleration takes less than eight seconds.
Spark EV’s industry-first SAE combo charger will allow DC Fast Charging of up to 80 percent of battery capacity in approximately 20 minutes. Chevrolet did not release the range, but the 20 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is expected to offer a range of up to 80 miles.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)