Chevrolet has released first details along with pictures and a video of the all-electric Spark, which will debut next week at the Los Angeles Auto Show. First cars will arrive in California dealer showrooms next summer.
Spark EV is powered by a permanent magnet motor that produces 130 hp and instantaneous torque of about 400 lb-ft. 0-60 mph acceleration takes less than eight seconds.
Spark EV’s industry-first SAE combo charger will allow DC Fast Charging of up to 80 percent of battery capacity in approximately 20 minutes. Chevrolet did not release the range, but the 20 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is expected to offer a range of up to 80 miles.
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show