Chevrolet and Sony Computer Entertainment America are giving gamers a first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering a camouflaged Corvette C7 Prototype as a vehicle download in the Gran Turismo 5.
Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital collaborated to provide an authentic driving experience in a seventh-generation Corvette prototype currently available to drive only to a handful of people in the world.
“Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.”
All six previous generations of the Corvette have been available to players of the Gran Turismo series since the game’s inception and the Chevrolet nameplate remains one of the most popular vehicles to race.
Chevrolet will introduce the 2014 Corvette in January at the Detroit Auto Show and we expect it to make official debut also in the Gran Turismo 5.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames