Chevrolet and Sony Computer Entertainment America are giving gamers a first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering a camouflaged Corvette C7 Prototype as a vehicle download in the Gran Turismo 5.
Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital collaborated to provide an authentic driving experience in a seventh-generation Corvette prototype currently available to drive only to a handful of people in the world.
“Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.”
All six previous generations of the Corvette have been available to players of the Gran Turismo series since the game’s inception and the Chevrolet nameplate remains one of the most popular vehicles to race.
Chevrolet will introduce the 2014 Corvette in January at the Detroit Auto Show and we expect it to make official debut also in the Gran Turismo 5.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)