Chevrolet and Sony Computer Entertainment America are giving gamers a first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering a camouflaged Corvette C7 Prototype as a vehicle download in the Gran Turismo 5.
Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital collaborated to provide an authentic driving experience in a seventh-generation Corvette prototype currently available to drive only to a handful of people in the world.
“Until now, only the most skilled drivers on the Corvette team have been authorized to push the test prototypes to the limits on some of the most challenging track surfaces in the world,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience.”
All six previous generations of the Corvette have been available to players of the Gran Turismo series since the game’s inception and the Chevrolet nameplate remains one of the most popular vehicles to race.
Chevrolet will introduce the 2014 Corvette in January at the Detroit Auto Show and we expect it to make official debut also in the Gran Turismo 5.
- Luxurious Cadillac Escalade Concept One by Lexani has an incredibly cool interior
- Hilarious Slow Motion Video Captures People’s Faces As They Get Hit With A 300,000-Volt Taser
- Peugeot Quartz crossover concept with a 500bhp HYbrid drivetrain revealed ahead of Paris debut
- This Is Little Hardcore! Watch 19 Daredevils Unicycle The Mountains Of Moab
- All-new Volvo XC90 R-Design revealed with sportier look
- This Is Just Insane! Watch Daredevil Holding a Glider’s Tail While Flying On Another Glider
- Watch Two Kayakers Go Down On A Drainage Ditch In Lions Bay At Speeds Up to 45MPH