Cadillac has unveiled the new CTS featuring lightweight technologies, including aluminum door structures, new design and new Cadillac Twin-Turbo V-6 along with brand’s first eight-speed automatic transmission.
The third-generation CTS sedan is based on the same rear-drive architecture of the smaller ATS sport sedan and it is segment’s lightest car.
“The all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan delivers crafted design, thrilling performance and sophisticated technology,” said Bob Ferguson, vice president, Global Cadillac. “The car that has always been Cadillac’s centerpiece stretches figuratively and literally to challenge the world’s best.”
Compared to the outgoing model it is five inches (127 mm) longer, including a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase, the roofline and the base of the windshield are about an inch lower.
Compared to the BMW 528i, the new CTS is about 200 pounds (90 kg) lighter. For the first time on CTS, Magnetic Ride Control, Cadillac’s real-time damping system, is available on base models.
Exterior highlights include shield grille and signature vertical lighting elements. The grille is wider, with a more detailed texture, while the headlamps flow up with the hood line, incorporating crystalline LED light guides for a technologically advanced appearance with more uniform illumination.
The new Twin-Turbo V6 delivers 420 horsepower and 430 lb.-ft. of torque, enabling a run from 0-60 mph in an estimated 4.6 seconds.
The 2014 CTS is also available with a naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 rated at 321 horsepower linked to new paddle-shift eight-speed automatic in rear-wheel-drive models or six-speed automatic with all-wheel drive.
There is also a 2.0L turbocharged engine with 272 horsepower paired with a six-speed automatic.
New CTS production will start this fall.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames