2014 Audi R8 lineup comprises of three different engine variants: the R8 V8, the R8 V10 and the R8 V10 Plus. The new R8 is now more dynamic and powerful than ever before thanks to numerous improvements.
Top of the range new R8 V10 Plus with 550 horsepower and 398 lb.-ft. of torque equipped with the S tronic does 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 196 mph. Thanks to extensive use of lightweight materials it weighs approximately 100 lbs. less than the R8 V10.
The Audi R8 V10 with the S tronic does 0-60 mph sprint in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 195 mph. 5.2 liter V10 generates 525 horsepower with 391 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Audi R8 V8 FSI produces 430 horsepower and 317 lb.-ft. of torque and with the seven-speed S tronic, it accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds on its way to a top speed of 186 mph.
All Audi R8 models have the option of the gated 6-speed manual transmission or the S tronic transmission.
The new RS 5 Cabriolet is powered by a naturally aspirated 4.2 liter V8 engine with FSI direct injection producing 450 horsepower and a maximum torque of 317 lb.-ft.
Weighing 4,420 lbs it accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, while the top speed is limited to 174 mph.
The Audi R8 and RS 5 Cabriolet will both go on sale in Spring 2013.
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard