2014 Audi R8 lineup comprises of three different engine variants: the R8 V8, the R8 V10 and the R8 V10 Plus. The new R8 is now more dynamic and powerful than ever before thanks to numerous improvements.
Top of the range new R8 V10 Plus with 550 horsepower and 398 lb.-ft. of torque equipped with the S tronic does 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 196 mph. Thanks to extensive use of lightweight materials it weighs approximately 100 lbs. less than the R8 V10.
The Audi R8 V10 with the S tronic does 0-60 mph sprint in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 195 mph. 5.2 liter V10 generates 525 horsepower with 391 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Audi R8 V8 FSI produces 430 horsepower and 317 lb.-ft. of torque and with the seven-speed S tronic, it accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds on its way to a top speed of 186 mph.
All Audi R8 models have the option of the gated 6-speed manual transmission or the S tronic transmission.
The new RS 5 Cabriolet is powered by a naturally aspirated 4.2 liter V8 engine with FSI direct injection producing 450 horsepower and a maximum torque of 317 lb.-ft.
Weighing 4,420 lbs it accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, while the top speed is limited to 174 mph.
The Audi R8 and RS 5 Cabriolet will both go on sale in Spring 2013.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames