Opel expects the Astra sedan to do very well in Eastern and Central Europe, particularly in Turkey and Russia as the later makes up 60 percent of all sedans sold in Europe and is expected to become Europe’s main market with up to 3.4 million total vehicle sales in 2014. That’s probably the reason why Astra sedan will make its world premiere at the 2012 Moscow Auto Salon in August.
The new Astra sedan is 4,658 mm in length, 1,814 mm in width, 1,476 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,685 mm. Trunk volume is 460 liters with the seats up and 1,010 liters when the 60:40 split rear seats are folded down.
Seven engines will be offered at launch. Four are gasoline units ranging in power output 100 hp to 180 hp and three diesels with power between 95 hp and 130 hp.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback