Chevrolet has unveiled the 2013 NASCAR Chevrolet SS race car. Powered by the legendary small block V8 engine, the rear-wheel drive performance sedan will begin its racing season with the 2013 SpeedWeeks in Daytona, Florida.
The Chevrolet SS replaces Impala, which scored 151 wins from 1959-64 and 2007-12.
The new NASCAR race car closely resembles the all-new rear wheel drive V8 Chevrolet SS performance sedan that will debut early next year.
The Chevrolet SS will be a derivative of the global rear-wheel-drive architecture that spawns performance vehicles like Chevrolet Camaro and Holden’s upcoming VF Commodore. The limited production version of the Chevrolet SS will be a 2014 model and will arrive in dealer showrooms in late 2013. It is the first time in 17 years that Chevrolet will offer a rear-wheel-drive sedan for sale in the United States.
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show