Chevrolet has unveiled the 2013 NASCAR Chevrolet SS race car. Powered by the legendary small block V8 engine, the rear-wheel drive performance sedan will begin its racing season with the 2013 SpeedWeeks in Daytona, Florida.
The Chevrolet SS replaces Impala, which scored 151 wins from 1959-64 and 2007-12.
The new NASCAR race car closely resembles the all-new rear wheel drive V8 Chevrolet SS performance sedan that will debut early next year.
The Chevrolet SS will be a derivative of the global rear-wheel-drive architecture that spawns performance vehicles like Chevrolet Camaro and Holden’s upcoming VF Commodore. The limited production version of the Chevrolet SS will be a 2014 model and will arrive in dealer showrooms in late 2013. It is the first time in 17 years that Chevrolet will offer a rear-wheel-drive sedan for sale in the United States.
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology
- Aston Martin unveils a new V12 Vantage S Roadster as company’s fastest roadster