Chevrolet has unveiled the 2013 NASCAR Chevrolet SS race car. Powered by the legendary small block V8 engine, the rear-wheel drive performance sedan will begin its racing season with the 2013 SpeedWeeks in Daytona, Florida.
The Chevrolet SS replaces Impala, which scored 151 wins from 1959-64 and 2007-12.
The new NASCAR race car closely resembles the all-new rear wheel drive V8 Chevrolet SS performance sedan that will debut early next year.
The Chevrolet SS will be a derivative of the global rear-wheel-drive architecture that spawns performance vehicles like Chevrolet Camaro and Holden’s upcoming VF Commodore. The limited production version of the Chevrolet SS will be a 2014 model and will arrive in dealer showrooms in late 2013. It is the first time in 17 years that Chevrolet will offer a rear-wheel-drive sedan for sale in the United States.
- 2014 Hyundai i20 WRC revealed, team named as Hyundai Shell World Rally Team
- Bye bye Holden! General Motors to cease manufacturing in Australia by 2017
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016