When fully charged, the Fiat 500e will travel about 87 miles, which is best-in-class and better than all U.S.-market EVs produced by high-volume manufacturers.
In addition, the EPA estimates the annual cost to power the Fiat 500e is, coincidentally, $500.
The 2013 500e uses a battery-electric powertrain that produces 111 horsepower and recharges in less than 4 hours with its Level 2 (240 volt) on-board charging module.
Distinctive styling cues are eight efficiency-inspired exterior enhancements that contribute to a 13 percent improvement in aerodynamics, compared with the standard Fiat 500 Lounge.
The Fiat 500e arrives at FIAT Studios in California in second-quarter 2013.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil