When fully charged, the Fiat 500e will travel about 87 miles, which is best-in-class and better than all U.S.-market EVs produced by high-volume manufacturers.
In addition, the EPA estimates the annual cost to power the Fiat 500e is, coincidentally, $500.
The 2013 500e uses a battery-electric powertrain that produces 111 horsepower and recharges in less than 4 hours with its Level 2 (240 volt) on-board charging module.
Distinctive styling cues are eight efficiency-inspired exterior enhancements that contribute to a 13 percent improvement in aerodynamics, compared with the standard Fiat 500 Lounge.
The Fiat 500e arrives at FIAT Studios in California in second-quarter 2013.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams