Volkswagen CC made its debut four years ago, as the first four-door coupé in the 30,000 to 40,000 euro class. Since then nearly 270,000 people around the globe have chosen the sedan with the stylish lines of a sports car.
Now, Volkswagen is presenting a technically and visually updated version of the popular business vehicle.
With facelifted CC features new front and rear styling, making it even bolder. Standard features now include new bi-xenon headlights, static cornering lights and a new LED tail light design. Also standard: fatigue detection, RCD 310 radio-CD system, stainless steel door sill plates and safety head restraints with additional longitudinal adjustment (front seats).
New assistance systems include optional technologies such as Side Assist Plus with integrated Lane Assist (warns of vehicles in blind spots and assists driver in avoiding an accident by steering intervention), Dynamic Light Assist (automatic main beam control) that is new in the Volkswagen CC and a camera-based traffic sign detection system. Meanwhile, comfort is optimised by the ‘climate seat’ with integrated massage function.
The new Volkswagen CC is powered by a range of petrol and diesel direct-injection engines. All of the diesels (TDI) are equipped with a Stop/Start system and battery regeneration mode as standard. All petrol engines also have battery regeneration functionality. The TDI engines output is 140 hp and 170 hp. The petrol engines of the European CC versions develop 160 hp, 210 hp and 300 hp.
In the USA, the Volkswagen will once again launch with petrol engines that output 147 kW / 200 PS (TSI) and 206 kW / 280 PS (FSI). All engines go to work with excellent efficiency. A prime example is the 140 PS TDI. Together with a manual six-speed gearbox, its combined fuel consumption is just 4.7 l/100 km (equivalent to 125 g/km CO 2).
The new Volkswagen CC will be revealed to the public in a world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 18 to 27.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)