Infiniti has unveiled its first production hybrid performance luxury sedan, the all-new 2012 Infiniti M35h, at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Infiniti Hybrid will be launched in spring 2011, is the only vehicle to offer more than 350 horsepower and 30 miles per gallon fuel economy.
Speaking at the North American unveiling, Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore stated, “Simply put, the Infiniti M Hybrid will be the most advanced performance luxury sedan hybrid in the market, delivering V8 power and 4-cylinder fuel efficiency.”
The Infiniti M35h features the all-new Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ system, an advanced one-motor, two-clutch parallel hybrid design that combines precise, high-speed motor control technology, which, enabled by the powerful Lithium-ion battery, allows power to be delivered directly to the vehicle’s 7-speed automatic transmission. The system also utilizes an innovative Hybrid Electric Power Steering system and Electric Driven Intelligent Brake regenerative braking system, both which help conserve energy and provide a natural, enjoyable driving feel.
The Infiniti M Hybrid’s exhilarating driving performance also greatly benefits from use of Infiniti’s proven 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine, which paired with the 50 kW electric motor, provides a hybrid system net power of 360 horsepower.
Torque figures are equally impressive, with the V6′s 258 lb-ft of toque combining with the electric motor’s immediately available 199 lb-ft of torque to provide strong performance. The result is a vehicle that first and foremost delivers a refined driving experience, along with expected best-in-class Combined fuel economy (estimated fuel economy 30 mpg Highway, 25 mpg City and 27 mpg Combined).
In addition, the new Infiniti M35h can drive on electric power alone at speeds up to 62 mph and can travel on electric propulsion for up to 1.2 miles at a time. Tests have shown that in mixed diving, the Infiniti M35h is able to drive in electric only mode for as much as 50% of the time.
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)