2012 Ford F-150 features minor changes like a new FX appearance package, and several new technologies and driveline upgrades, that include the addition of Hill Start Assist, a new automatic 4×4 system for Lariat trim level and electronic locking rear axles on 3.5-liter and 5.0-liter engines.
The FX appearance package is available on both FX4 and FX2 trucks and offers a unique 20-inch flat-black wheel, a stylized bodyside graphic and black badges with red lettering. Customized interior touches include black leather seating surfaces with red trim, brushed-metal accents and a red-stitched steering wheel.
Also new for 2012, the FX luxury package now offers cooled front seats, which combine with the previously available heated seats.
Upgrades on the 2012 F-150′s drivetrain include replacing last year’s electronic shift-on-the-fly with a two-speed automatic 4×4 system for Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum trim levels. The system still offers four high and four low modes, but now also offers a 4×4 auto mode. If the truck senses a loss of traction, it immediately transfers torque to the front wheels, making the system more seamless for the customer.
Engine line-up includes:
3.7-liter four-valve Ti-VCT V6 with 302 horsepower and 278 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm.
5.0-liter four-valve dual-overhead-camshaft Ti-VCT V8 with 360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,250 rpm.
6.2-liter two-valve single-overhead-camshaft V8 with 411 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 434 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,500 rpm.
3.5-liter Ti-VCT EcoBoost with 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm and 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)