With the all-new 2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged GDI engine, the new 2011 Sonata offers an unprecedented combination of segment-leading fuel efficiency and power. The numbers are impressive – an estimated 34 mpg highway rating, and 274 horsepower. In the city Sonata 2.0T will deliver 22 mpg.
The 2.0T engine will be available on the SE and Limited trim level, with the 2.0T Limited getting additional upgrades like: Panoramic sunroof, 18-inch hyper silver alloy wheels, Dual exhaust system,Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
The 2011 Sonata is 25 percent stiffer in torsion and 19 percent stiffer in bending rigidity than its predecessor. New six-speed automatic in the 2011 Sonata is 26.4 pounds lighter than the five-speed it replaces. It is also 1.6 inches shorter and considerably simpler, having 62 fewer parts, which is key to increased durability, lighter weight and lower cost.
When it comes to transmissions, more gears are definitely better. The addition of a sixth gear enables closer spacing between gear ratios providing a better balance of performance and fuel economy while the wide overall gear ratio helps deliver strong acceleration.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year