With the all-new 2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged GDI engine, the new 2011 Sonata offers an unprecedented combination of segment-leading fuel efficiency and power. The numbers are impressive – an estimated 34 mpg highway rating, and 274 horsepower. In the city Sonata 2.0T will deliver 22 mpg.
The 2.0T engine will be available on the SE and Limited trim level, with the 2.0T Limited getting additional upgrades like: Panoramic sunroof, 18-inch hyper silver alloy wheels, Dual exhaust system,Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
The 2011 Sonata is 25 percent stiffer in torsion and 19 percent stiffer in bending rigidity than its predecessor. New six-speed automatic in the 2011 Sonata is 26.4 pounds lighter than the five-speed it replaces. It is also 1.6 inches shorter and considerably simpler, having 62 fewer parts, which is key to increased durability, lighter weight and lower cost.
When it comes to transmissions, more gears are definitely better. The addition of a sixth gear enables closer spacing between gear ratios providing a better balance of performance and fuel economy while the wide overall gear ratio helps deliver strong acceleration.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames