Piloted by racing driver Jürgen Kastenholz (43), the C 63 AMG Safety Car has the job of ensuring maximum safety for the racing drivers and spectators in the event of dangerous situations such as extreme weather conditions, accidents or other incidents. When radioed by Race Control, the Safety Car positions itself at the head of the DTM field and leads the cars around the circuit until normal racing can be resumed.
The new C63 AMG safety car features a 6.3-litre V8 engine with 487 hp and a peak torque of 600 Nm. Part of the package is also AMG Performance Package. 0 to 100 km/h comes in 4.3 seconds.
Distinguishing features of the DTM Safety Car compared to the standard C 63 AMG include distinctive DTM Safety Car logos, the LED light bar on the roof and the stroboscopic flashing LED lights at the front and rear. A number plate illuminated with LEDs and the words “Safety Car” on the boot lid make the car easier to see in poor weather conditions. To facilitate communication with Race Control, the Safety Car is fitted with a radio system and a TV monitor. Two AMG sports bucket seats with four-point seat belts provide ideal lateral support for the driver and co-driver, while the AMG performance steering wheel in nappa leather/Alcantara with steering-wheel shift paddles assures optimum vehicle control.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp