The RL luxury performance sedan has been refreshed for 2011. To further maximize the output of the 3.7L V-6 300 hp engine, the RL receives an all-new Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission for 2011.
The car also features a quieter cabin thanks to the first-ever use of a unique resonator wheel technology that is a world-debut in a passenger vehicle.
“The RL continues to set the benchmark for the innovative use of customer-relevant technology,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. “There aren’t many production cars at any price that offer more advanced technology or drive system sophistication.”
In addition to technological improvements, the 2011 RL receives numerous exterior upgrades including a revised front grill, power folding side mirrors and available back-up sensors.
Inside, the RL benefits from items such as a new interior color (Sea Coast), new Dark Burlwood textured trim, improved feel thin-thread stitching for the steering wheel and a new bright silver color for the dash meters. The RL’s rich assortment of technology improves for 2011 with the addition of available back-up sensors, a revised back-up camera angle to improve rearward visibility and improved dialing function for Bluetooth HandsFreeLink.
An available Technology Package includes a satellite-linked Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™, rear view back-up camera, back-up sensors, Active Front Lighting System (AFS), ventilated front seats, and a simulated burlwood accented steering wheel and shift knob.
The top RL trim is the Advance Package which adds Acura’s Collision Mitigation Braking System, Adaptive Cruise Control, power folding side mirrors and genuine maple wood instrument panel trim.
Technologically surely impressive, but looks wise the facelift just isn’t enough and the overall design looks already old. Very likely we’ll see an all new RL in 2012.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)