First X6 Hybrid pictures last summer showed the car with a huge scoop on the hood.
Today’s pictures from the snowy Sweden show the car with no disguise with a lightly bulged hood. Looks like X6 Hybrid is production ready and should be available at your local dealership already this year.
X6 Hybrid uses a two-mode hybrid based on 8-cylinder gasoline engine and should use about 20% less fuel compared to the usual 8-cylinder engine. Engine has different modes for high-torque, higway cruising and low speed city driving. In addition to the X6 Hybrid BMW is also working on the X5 and 7-series hybrids.
We have no idea how the X6 Hybrid system works in a cold climate, reportedly Prius Hybrid loses most of its efficiency when the temperature is under zero Celsius.
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France