First X6 Hybrid pictures last summer showed the car with a huge scoop on the hood.
Today’s pictures from the snowy Sweden show the car with no disguise with a lightly bulged hood. Looks like X6 Hybrid is production ready and should be available at your local dealership already this year.
X6 Hybrid uses a two-mode hybrid based on 8-cylinder gasoline engine and should use about 20% less fuel compared to the usual 8-cylinder engine. Engine has different modes for high-torque, higway cruising and low speed city driving. In addition to the X6 Hybrid BMW is also working on the X5 and 7-series hybrids.
We have no idea how the X6 Hybrid system works in a cold climate, reportedly Prius Hybrid loses most of its efficiency when the temperature is under zero Celsius.
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…