First X6 Hybrid pictures last summer showed the car with a huge scoop on the hood.
Today’s pictures from the snowy Sweden show the car with no disguise with a lightly bulged hood. Looks like X6 Hybrid is production ready and should be available at your local dealership already this year.
X6 Hybrid uses a two-mode hybrid based on 8-cylinder gasoline engine and should use about 20% less fuel compared to the usual 8-cylinder engine. Engine has different modes for high-torque, higway cruising and low speed city driving. In addition to the X6 Hybrid BMW is also working on the X5 and 7-series hybrids.
We have no idea how the X6 Hybrid system works in a cold climate, reportedly Prius Hybrid loses most of its efficiency when the temperature is under zero Celsius.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower