First X6 Hybrid pictures last summer showed the car with a huge scoop on the hood.
Today’s pictures from the snowy Sweden show the car with no disguise with a lightly bulged hood. Looks like X6 Hybrid is production ready and should be available at your local dealership already this year.
X6 Hybrid uses a two-mode hybrid based on 8-cylinder gasoline engine and should use about 20% less fuel compared to the usual 8-cylinder engine. Engine has different modes for high-torque, higway cruising and low speed city driving. In addition to the X6 Hybrid BMW is also working on the X5 and 7-series hybrids.
We have no idea how the X6 Hybrid system works in a cold climate, reportedly Prius Hybrid loses most of its efficiency when the temperature is under zero Celsius.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar