New 2010 BMW 5-Series sales around the world will start in March. Even though first cars haven’t arrived at dealerships yet, some tuners are already introducing their packages for this new luxury sedan.
German tuner Racing Dynamics has announced two performance packages for the new 5er. First one is called R50S and is for the powerful 550i. Power on the V8 twin-turbo engine is increased from 407 horsepower to an incredible 620 horsepower. That’s more than the new M5 is expected to pack.
Other highlights are a new rear-locking differential, sport suspension and high performance braking system.
Other package is for the BMW 535i, and is dubbed R35 featuring the new N55 single-turbo twin-scroller engine, receiving a 410 horsepower, up from its 306 horsepower in stock car.
R50S and R35 both get a special exhaust system installed by Racing Dynamics that has been optimized to offer a much sportier sound, but not intrusive.
All we know is that top speed for the R50S is expected to be around 340 km/h, no details yet on the 0-100 km/h time. Racing Dynamics also offers visual upgrades from new wheels to an upgraded interior with carbon fiber and wood trim.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)