BMW has taken the next-generation 5 Series Touring testing to a new phase. All the temporary body panels are lost and and the car is covered with the new camouflage to hide all the little details.
New five series has a longer wheelbase and a wider track compared to the current generation.
We can now see the cleaner front end which has some styling elements from the 5 Series GT and new 7 Series. As always with new BMW models there are no dramatic changes done to the overall design.
Engines will include different versions of the 3.0-liter in-line 6 cylinder units. Top of the line 5er Touring will use the 4.4-liter twin turbo V8. New 5-series should also get the optional eight-speed transmission, in addition to the six-speed manual and semi-auto transmission.
Next generation 5er should debut this fall at the Frankfurt Auto Show with sales starting beginning of 2010.
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show