BMW has taken the next-generation 5 Series Touring testing to a new phase. All the temporary body panels are lost and and the car is covered with the new camouflage to hide all the little details.
New five series has a longer wheelbase and a wider track compared to the current generation.
We can now see the cleaner front end which has some styling elements from the 5 Series GT and new 7 Series. As always with new BMW models there are no dramatic changes done to the overall design.
Engines will include different versions of the 3.0-liter in-line 6 cylinder units. Top of the line 5er Touring will use the 4.4-liter twin turbo V8. New 5-series should also get the optional eight-speed transmission, in addition to the six-speed manual and semi-auto transmission.
Next generation 5er should debut this fall at the Frankfurt Auto Show with sales starting beginning of 2010.
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan