BMW has taken the next-generation 5 Series Touring testing to a new phase. All the temporary body panels are lost and and the car is covered with the new camouflage to hide all the little details.
New five series has a longer wheelbase and a wider track compared to the current generation.
We can now see the cleaner front end which has some styling elements from the 5 Series GT and new 7 Series. As always with new BMW models there are no dramatic changes done to the overall design.
Engines will include different versions of the 3.0-liter in-line 6 cylinder units. Top of the line 5er Touring will use the 4.4-liter twin turbo V8. New 5-series should also get the optional eight-speed transmission, in addition to the six-speed manual and semi-auto transmission.
Next generation 5er should debut this fall at the Frankfurt Auto Show with sales starting beginning of 2010.
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)