It has been a while since we brought you last spy photos of the next-generation 5er. Body still wears heavy camouflage and we expect that the first prototypes with less disguise will go into testing earliest this summer.
Codenamed “F10″ this next-generation 5-Series will have softer lines and more conventional-looking headlines and a cleaner front-end.
Lights are very likely going to be similar to the new 7-Series. Front grille will be larger just like on the new 7-Series.
Rumor is that the new 5-Series will get a longer wheelbase and a wider track. Engine line-up won’t change much and will include variations of existing engines. Some speculations suggest that the twin-turbo six from the 335i and 135i will find its way into the new 5er. M5 will likely use a modified 5.0-liter V10. Top of the line non M version will get the turbocharged V8.
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450