It has been a while since we brought you last spy photos of the next-generation 5er. Body still wears heavy camouflage and we expect that the first prototypes with less disguise will go into testing earliest this summer.
Codenamed “F10″ this next-generation 5-Series will have softer lines and more conventional-looking headlines and a cleaner front-end.
Lights are very likely going to be similar to the new 7-Series. Front grille will be larger just like on the new 7-Series.
Rumor is that the new 5-Series will get a longer wheelbase and a wider track. Engine line-up won’t change much and will include variations of existing engines. Some speculations suggest that the twin-turbo six from the 335i and 135i will find its way into the new 5er. M5 will likely use a modified 5.0-liter V10. Top of the line non M version will get the turbocharged V8.
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)
- Watch Nissan Juke-R with 700 hp going against the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 hp
- New Range Rover Sport sets a new record for production SUVs on a 12.42 mile Pikes Peak hillclimb course