It has been a while since we brought you last spy photos of the next-generation 5er. Body still wears heavy camouflage and we expect that the first prototypes with less disguise will go into testing earliest this summer.
Codenamed “F10″ this next-generation 5-Series will have softer lines and more conventional-looking headlines and a cleaner front-end.
Lights are very likely going to be similar to the new 7-Series. Front grille will be larger just like on the new 7-Series.
Rumor is that the new 5-Series will get a longer wheelbase and a wider track. Engine line-up won’t change much and will include variations of existing engines. Some speculations suggest that the twin-turbo six from the 335i and 135i will find its way into the new 5er. M5 will likely use a modified 5.0-liter V10. Top of the line non M version will get the turbocharged V8.
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014