It has been a while since we brought you last spy photos of the next-generation 5er. Body still wears heavy camouflage and we expect that the first prototypes with less disguise will go into testing earliest this summer.
Codenamed “F10″ this next-generation 5-Series will have softer lines and more conventional-looking headlines and a cleaner front-end.
Lights are very likely going to be similar to the new 7-Series. Front grille will be larger just like on the new 7-Series.
Rumor is that the new 5-Series will get a longer wheelbase and a wider track. Engine line-up won’t change much and will include variations of existing engines. Some speculations suggest that the twin-turbo six from the 335i and 135i will find its way into the new 5er. M5 will likely use a modified 5.0-liter V10. Top of the line non M version will get the turbocharged V8.
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate