BMW 5 Series GT Concept has been revealed and the production version is expected to hit the dealerships this fall.
New spy photos show us a production version with very little camouflage. Actual production model looks almost identical to the concept. According to BMW, 5 Series GT is just 7 cm shorter than the new 7 Series.
Base models will be costing less than the new 7 Series and will first come with 6-cylinder engines and rear wheel drive. Later on V8 engine and AWD will follow. Diesel and Hybrid are also very likely to follow soon after.
Coupe like styling is similar to X6, large grille and L-shaped taillights remind us the new 7 Series.
Even though the car has the same wheelbase(3070 mm) as the new 7 Series and it seems like a perfect family car with its big trunk(volume of 1650 liters), it might not be so if the production version gets the center console on the rear like to concept. At least on entry level models we believe the console will be removed.
So who does BMW really target this luxury car? Seems like it will compete with the 7 Series and X6.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower