BMW 5 Series GT Concept has been revealed and the production version is expected to hit the dealerships this fall.
New spy photos show us a production version with very little camouflage. Actual production model looks almost identical to the concept. According to BMW, 5 Series GT is just 7 cm shorter than the new 7 Series.
Base models will be costing less than the new 7 Series and will first come with 6-cylinder engines and rear wheel drive. Later on V8 engine and AWD will follow. Diesel and Hybrid are also very likely to follow soon after.
Coupe like styling is similar to X6, large grille and L-shaped taillights remind us the new 7 Series.
Even though the car has the same wheelbase(3070 mm) as the new 7 Series and it seems like a perfect family car with its big trunk(volume of 1650 liters), it might not be so if the production version gets the center console on the rear like to concept. At least on entry level models we believe the console will be removed.
So who does BMW really target this luxury car? Seems like it will compete with the 7 Series and X6.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar