BMW 5 Series GT Concept has been revealed and the production version is expected to hit the dealerships this fall.
New spy photos show us a production version with very little camouflage. Actual production model looks almost identical to the concept. According to BMW, 5 Series GT is just 7 cm shorter than the new 7 Series.
Base models will be costing less than the new 7 Series and will first come with 6-cylinder engines and rear wheel drive. Later on V8 engine and AWD will follow. Diesel and Hybrid are also very likely to follow soon after.
Coupe like styling is similar to X6, large grille and L-shaped taillights remind us the new 7 Series.
Even though the car has the same wheelbase(3070 mm) as the new 7 Series and it seems like a perfect family car with its big trunk(volume of 1650 liters), it might not be so if the production version gets the center console on the rear like to concept. At least on entry level models we believe the console will be removed.
So who does BMW really target this luxury car? Seems like it will compete with the 7 Series and X6.
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate