BMW 5 Series GT Concept has been revealed and the production version is expected to hit the dealerships this fall.
New spy photos show us a production version with very little camouflage. Actual production model looks almost identical to the concept. According to BMW, 5 Series GT is just 7 cm shorter than the new 7 Series.
Base models will be costing less than the new 7 Series and will first come with 6-cylinder engines and rear wheel drive. Later on V8 engine and AWD will follow. Diesel and Hybrid are also very likely to follow soon after.
Coupe like styling is similar to X6, large grille and L-shaped taillights remind us the new 7 Series.
Even though the car has the same wheelbase(3070 mm) as the new 7 Series and it seems like a perfect family car with its big trunk(volume of 1650 liters), it might not be so if the production version gets the center console on the rear like to concept. At least on entry level models we believe the console will be removed.
So who does BMW really target this luxury car? Seems like it will compete with the 7 Series and X6.
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…